Old 04-28-2008, 08:18 PM
Matt Florido

Default Spamassassin Users - Adding Rulesets

New to Ubuntu and I have a couple of quick questions for Spamassassin
users. I noticed out of the box, Spamassassin attaches a summary log of
its scan results on a particular email. Cool feature. However, I'm
wondering if it's safe to run sa-learn with this additional attachment,
or if I need to remove them first? Here's an example:

pts rule name description
---- ----------------------
1.2 SPF_NEUTRAL SPF: sender does not match SPF record
(neutral)
2.0 SPF_HELO_NEUTRAL SPF: HELO does not match SPF record
(neutral)
2.4 TVD_FW_GRAPHIC_NAME_LONG BODY: TVD_FW_GRAPHIC_NAME_LONG
2.2 HTML_IMAGE_ONLY_24 BODY: HTML: images with 2000-2400 bytes of
[snip...]

Secondly, is it necessary to download rulesets from rulesemporium, or
does the SA package that comes with Ubuntu sufficient? If I can add my
own rules, do I just simply place them in /etc/spamassassin??

I know I can ask these questions in the SA list, but I thought I would
ask this list first since it may be Ubuntu specific.

Thanks!

Matt Florido