Old 04-28-2008, 07:48 PM
"Jayme Ayres"

Default Works in Brasil

Hi Folks

This is my first message as a member of the official Fedora Project in
Brazil. We have participated in Mail List for some time, but with
another address and with little participation in the discussions.
During the 9 th FISL (one of the biggest events on Open source of
Latin America) Greg DeKoenigsberg the knowledge that encouraged me to
make the application and come to the ArtWork team, then I am here and
the art was used during the event:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/DesignService
Then I'll post what I have done other work for the project during this time.

Jayme Ayres
Web Designer - Fedora Ambassador
www.jaymeayres.com

Old 04-29-2008, 07:59 AM
Nicu Buculei

Jayme Ayres wrote:

Hi Folks

Hi Jayme!

This is my first message as a member of the official Fedora Project in
Brazil. We have participated in Mail List for some time, but with
another address and with little participation in the discussions.

I remember I already saw (and liked) some of your works.

During the 9 th FISL (one of the biggest events on Open source of
Latin America) Greg DeKoenigsberg the knowledge that encouraged me to
make the application and come to the ArtWork team, then I am here and
the art was used during the event:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/DesignService
Then I'll post what I have done other work for the project during this time.

All good, but I don't think the DesignService queue is the best place to
post them (or at least, put finished works at the bottom, in the
"Resources Created" section.

But really, that page is a queue of work requirements, a communication
channel between requesters and Art people. Since those are posters, I
believe they are better fitted in the Posters page -
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/Posters or in the Marketing
Collateral page -
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/MarketingCollateral (well, those
two pages overlap, which is a "bad thing").

Also, please include sources or high resolution versions of your images,
the purpose of the page is not to show-off our work (for that we use our
blogs and Planet Fedora), it is intended to provide an useful resource
for users.

note: forgive me if I sounded a bit too negative in the reply above.

Old 04-29-2008, 03:18 PM
"Jayme Ayres"

Hello Nicu

2008/4/29 Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora@nicubunu.ro>:
> All good, but I don't think the DesignService queue is the best place to
> post them (or at least, put finished works at the bottom, in the "Resources
> Created" section.

I have seen wrong, because I had Mairin steps to publish the work,
problems of interpretation, my English is not as good

> But really, that page is a queue of work requirements, a communication
> channel between requesters and Art people. Since those are posters, I
> believe they are better fitted in the Posters page -
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/Posters or in the Marketing
> Collateral page - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/MarketingCollateral
> (well, those two pages overlap, which is a "bad thing").

IŽll place this in Marketing Collateral and then IŽll take away ok?

> Also, please include sources or high resolution versions of your images,
> the purpose of the page is not to show-off our work (for that we use our
> blogs and Planet Fedora), it is intended to provide an useful resource for
> users.

As I thought that was a kind of "test" (lol) posted in low resolution,
once again was an error of interpretation.

> note: forgive me if I sounded a bit too negative in the reply above.

No problem, these are the rules of the project and you have to show

Old 05-05-2008, 03:51 PM
"Jayme Ayres"

Hi Nicu,

I put the banner that I made on page Marketing Collateral as you suggested
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/MarketingCollateral

I can leave the poster in DesignService?

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/DesignService

[]Žs

Old 05-06-2008, 06:43 AM
Nicu Buculei

Jayme Ayres wrote:

Hi Nicu,

I put the banner that I made on page Marketing Collateral as you suggested
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/MarketingCollateral

OK.

I can leave the poster in DesignService?

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/DesignService

I am not a Nazi (or I just hope I am not) to dictate people where to
upload their work, my advice is as simple as this: put your work where
is most likely your users will look for it, as this is our ultimate
goal: to provide something useful and see our work put to good use.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:18 AM
"Jayme Ayres"

2008/5/6 Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora@nicubunu.ro>:
> Jayme Ayres wrote:
>
> I am not a Nazi (or I just hope I am not) to dictate people where to upload
> their work, my advice is as simple as this: put your work where is most
> likely your users will look for it, as this is our ultimate goal: to provide
> something useful and see our work put to good use.

lol ...
Not think so, you already know the organisational structure of the web
site I am learning to operate the posts in WIki, because I never work
this and accept advice MoinMoin are great references to keep the site
organized.

--
Jayme Ayres
Web Designer