Old 04-28-2008, 07:01 PM
Bart Silverstrim

Default Animation effects

I know that somewhere you can activate the effect where menus "beam out"
and dissolve in fire, etc., but when I open the advanced effects
application it says animations are activated, at the same time I'm not
seeing anything happening.

I can rotate the cube, use 3D windows, etc. but no menu effects. Is
there another setting I'm missing, or something I can check?

-Bart

Old 04-28-2008, 07:10 PM
Mario Vukelic

On Mon, 2008-04-28 at 15:01 -0400, Bart Silverstrim wrote:
> I can rotate the cube, use 3D windows, etc. but no menu effects. Is
> there another setting I'm missing, or something I can check?

It seems that you do have compizconfig-settings-manager installed and
did configure some things in the advanced settings.

But then I don't understand this question, since there are *a million*
settings in the Advanced Desktop Effect Settings. It seems that you want
to check out the "Animations" plugin in the Effects section (simply type
"Animations" into the Filter textbox top left)

Old 04-28-2008, 07:15 PM
Bart Silverstrim

Mario Vukelic wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-04-28 at 15:01 -0400, Bart Silverstrim wrote:
>> I can rotate the cube, use 3D windows, etc. but no menu effects. Is
>> there another setting I'm missing, or something I can check?
>
> It seems that you do have compizconfig-settings-manager installed and
> did configure some things in the advanced settings.
>
> But then I don't understand this question, since there are *a million*
> settings in the Advanced Desktop Effect Settings. It seems that you want
> to check out the "Animations" plugin in the Effects section (simply type
> "Animations" into the Filter textbox top left)

The animations plugin is the one I clicked on and it has a checkmark
saying it's enabled, but I'm not seeing any of the animations actually
*working*. Other plugs *are* working so it's not (or shouldn't be) my
graphics card.

Old 04-28-2008, 07:24 PM
Mario Vukelic

On Mon, 2008-04-28 at 15:15 -0400, Bart Silverstrim wrote:
> The animations plugin is the one I clicked on and it has a checkmark
> saying it's enabled, but I'm not seeing any of the animations actually
> *working*. Other plugs *are* working so it's not (or shouldn't be) my
> graphics card.

I see. I have no clue, then. When I played with it it worked, but it
wouldn't surprise me if in the maze of plugin options some would
conflict with others, or something like that. Good luck

Old 04-28-2008, 10:24 PM
Felipe Figueiredo

On Mon 28 Apr 2008 16:01:34 Bart Silverstrim wrote:
> I know that somewhere you can activate the effect where menus "beam
> out" and dissolve in fire, etc., but when I open the advanced effects
> application it says animations are activated, at the same time I'm not
> seeing anything happening.
>
> I can rotate the cube, use 3D windows, etc. but no menu effects. Is
> there another setting I'm missing, or something I can check?
>
> -Bart

I don't know if this is the case, but some effects appear to need you to
restart your gnome session (no reboot needed, just log out and login
again) to work. I have no idea how to know *which* ones need it, but try
it and see if it helps.

regards
FF

Old 04-29-2008, 02:39 PM
Bart Silverstrim

Felipe Figueiredo wrote:

> I don't know if this is the case, but some effects appear to need you to
> restart your gnome session (no reboot needed, just log out and login
> again) to work. I have no idea how to know *which* ones need it, but try
> it and see if it helps.

I completely rebooted (I know, not needed, but I was leaving for a
little bit anyway), still no animated menus. :-(

Old 04-29-2008, 02:53 PM
Atzelan

Bart Silverstrim schrieb:
> The animations plugin is the one I clicked on and it has a checkmark
> saying it's enabled, but I'm not seeing any of the animations actually
> *working*. Other plugs *are* working so it's not (or shouldn't be) my
> graphics card.

Enabling the checkmark is not everything. You got to change the options
of the animations, otherwise you only get the "glide 1" effect. Click on
"animations" and have a look on the options. I am not at home and
therefore cannot give you further advice now.

Aslan

Old 04-29-2008, 02:56 PM
Bart Silverstrim

Atzelan wrote:

> Enabling the checkmark is not everything. You got to change the options
> of the animations, otherwise you only get the "glide 1" effect. Click on
> "animations" and have a look on the options. I am not at home and
> therefore cannot give you further advice now.

Thanks! That be the one...the default of the menu at the top of the
open and close effect had glide2 and fade and fade, but when I started
changing those to random I started seeing other effects. I was looking
at the checkmarks in the random box where you select various animations
for random and thinking that those were what controlled what went on,
not realizing that the area above was what dictated what did and didn't
work.

-Bart