Old 04-28-2008, 02:53 PM
Peter N Spotts

Default Gkrellm's Gkrellkam plugin doesn't display images on (my) Hardy installation

Folks,

I'm using Gkrellm 2.3.1 with its Gkrellkam plug-in on Hardy Heron,
updated from 7.10 on line over the weekend. The same Gkrellm set-up
in 7.10 displayed Gkrellkam's images properly. Now, however, the images
don't show up. Oddly, when I left-click in a blank image pane, the
correct image pops up in an image viewer, as it had in the past. So the
plug-in clearly is pulling down the images I want. I've tried Gkrellm
and Gkrellkam installed from the repositories as well as from source,
and it makes no difference...either way the images don't appear within
Gkrellm. I wonder if this may be a problem for Gkrellm to solve. In any
case, I thought I'd stop here first to see if anyone else has seen this
problem, and if so, what sort of work-arounds may exist.

With best regards,

Pete
--
Peter N. Spotts | Science reporter
The Christian Science Monitor

"The knack of flying is to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
-- Douglas Adams, "A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"