Old 04-28-2008, 12:25 PM
Nisse Nordlund

Default FireFox v.2.0.0.14

Hi,

I have ubuntu 7.10. SE

My FireFox 'crash' when I try to open the third FireFox Window.

Open new tabs inside one of the two is no problem.

Is this a known bug behaviour for FireFox in general or is it just
inside ubuntu?

Or, just for me...?

Regards

N-G Nordlund

Old 04-28-2008, 06:09 PM
Ioannis Vranos

Nisse Nordlund wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have ubuntu 7.10. SE
>
> My FireFox 'crash' when I try to open the third FireFox Window.
>
> Open new tabs inside one of the two is no problem.
>
> Is this a known bug behaviour for FireFox in general or is it just
> inside ubuntu?
>
> Or, just for me...?
>
> Regards
>
> N-G Nordlund

I am using Ubuntu 7.10 x86 and I open as many Firefox windows as I want.
Perhaps your profile directory has been corrupted somehow.

Close all Firefox/SeaMonkey windows, backup your Firefox/SeaMonkey
bookmarks, and delete the .mozilla directory under your home directory
(e.g. /home/george).

Old 04-28-2008, 07:46 PM
"alla@ngn.nu"

Hi Ioannis,

and thanks!

Yes it was probertly someting mess in the profiles.

I do this steps:

1. Start FireFox. Goto Bookmarks - Arrange Bookmarks

2. Export as HTML and save the bookmark file in my home dir.

3. Exit (all) FireFox

4. Start the console/terminal.

5. Type: sudo nautilus

*** I hawe to do that because the folder '.mozilla' is a root-owner.

6. Deleted the folder .mozilla (You maby have to activate 'show hide
files', under menu 'View', to see it.

7. Start FireFox (a new fresh folder .mozilla is created).

8. Goto arrange bookmarks.

9. Import the previous exported bookmark file.

10. Deal with the mess all the US-english made for us Swedish.

11. Try to rember which AddOns You have installed (i forgot to check
that).

So, add line 2a. Check which AddOn You have installed.

Then You can replace line 11. Install Your AddOns.

Regards!

N-G Nordlund

Old 04-28-2008, 07:55 PM
Mario Vukelic

On Mon, 2008-04-28 at 21:46 +0200, alla@ngn.nu wrote:
> 5. Type: sudo nautilus
> I hawe to do that because the folder '.mozilla' is a root-owner.
> 6. Deleted the folder .mozilla (You maby have to activate 'show hide
> files', under menu 'View', to see it.

This is unusual. It should be owned by you normal user you are logged in
as. Did you ever start "sudo firefox" or something else that could have
caused this?

Old 04-28-2008, 09:31 PM
Peter Garrett

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 21:09:17 +0300
Ioannis Vranos <ivranos@freemail.gr> wrote:

> Close all Firefox/SeaMonkey windows, backup your Firefox/SeaMonkey
> bookmarks, and delete the .mozilla directory under your home directory
> (e.g. /home/george).

Ioannis, how many times do list members have to tell you to *stop*
advising people to "delete the .mozilla directory" ?

For those who wonder what this is about: just rename / move the
directory, so that you can replace data from it later if needed. For
example:

mv .mozilla .mozilla-backup

or just rename it in Nautilus.

--