Old 04-25-2008, 03:36 PM
"Howard Wood"

Default Wubi Ubuntu 8.04

*
I had wubi Ubuntu 7.04 installed on my Vista Premium
machine. (dual Boot)* It installed and ran perfectly.
****
I eventually un-installed it because I was planning to
install Ubuntu 8.04.* Before I installed version 8.04 I upgraded Vista to
SP1.
****I then installed Ubuntu 8.04 , it
seemed to install OK but it won't boot into Linux Ubuntu.
I went into msconfig** and it only shows the
Windows boot.*No boot for Linux
*I tried re-installing it but nothing
worked.
****I am new to Linux so any help you
can give me would be really appreciated.
PS I even tried installing it from a DVD . no
luck.
Thanks
*
I am running Vista premium 32 bit operating
system
AMD 64 bit dual core 4200 machine
4 gig of memory
*
**********************
Howard Wood
*
*
*
My Home pages
http://www.geocities.com/woody6512003/
http://woodyrow.4t.com/
My Blog
http://360.yahoo.com/woody6512003

Old 05-05-2008, 07:15 AM
Aslan

Howard Wood schrieb:

> I had wubi Ubuntu 7.04 installed on my Vista Premium machine. (dual
> Boot) It installed and ran perfectly.
>
> I eventually un-installed it because I was planning to install Ubuntu
> 8.04. Before I installed version 8.04 I upgraded Vista to SP1.
> I then installed Ubuntu 8.04 , it seemed to install OK but it won't
> boot into Linux Ubuntu.
[/snip]

I guess you need to set up your grub. There is a project called
supergrubdisk they have a forum specialized on this problems. Have a
look on http://www.supergrubdisk.org/wiki/Boot_Problems.
Hope this will help you.