Old 04-25-2008, 11:25 AM
Danni

Default Can't find the iso image

I recently downloaded the 8.04 on my Windows computer and it is a zip archive. I can't seem to find the iso image inside the archive. Before 8.04, I downloaded the 7.10 and it was only 1 file - the iso image. NOTE: I am NOT upgrading. Never had a chance to install 7.10 so I decided to wait for the new one.

Can you please guide me to finding the image file.

Danni

Old 04-28-2008, 03:31 AM
Alex Janssen

Danni said the following on 04/25/2008 07:25 AM:
> I recently downloaded the 8.04 on my Windows computer and it is a zip
> archive. I can't seem to find the iso image inside the archive. Before
> 8.04, I downloaded the 7.10 and it was only 1 file - the iso image.
> NOTE: I am NOT upgrading. Never had a chance to install 7.10 so I
> decided to wait for the new one.
>
> Can you please guide me to finding the image file.
>
> Danni
Try http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download

Alex

--
Ourwoods.org
If money could talk, it would say good-bye. - My Wallet (224)

Old 04-28-2008, 04:00 AM
"Rutger van Haasteren"

Danni said the following on 04/25/2008 07:25 AM:

> I recently downloaded the 8.04 on my Windows computer and it is a zip

> archive. I can't seem to find the iso image inside the archive. Before

> 8.04, I downloaded the 7.10 and it was only 1 file - the iso image.

> NOTE: I am NOT upgrading. Never had a chance to install 7.10 so I

> decided to wait for the new one.

> Can you please guide me to finding the image file.

Are you sure it is a zip archive? Some zip/rar applications make iso files look like archives. Instead of double-clicking the archive, look at properties whether the extension is 'iso'. If so, you should just burn it.

Old 04-28-2008, 06:20 AM
Willis Taylor

Danni wrote:
> I recently downloaded the 8.04 on my Windows computer and it is a zip
> archive. I can't seem to find the iso image inside the archive. Before
> 8.04, I downloaded the 7.10 and it was only 1 file - the iso image.
> NOTE: I am NOT upgrading. Never had a chance to install 7.10 so I
> decided to wait for the new one.
>
> Can you please guide me to finding the image file.
>
> Danni
Assuming your running XP go Start.>Search and type Ubuntu and click
find. Then in the results Dbl Click the Ubuntu 8.04 file and note it's
location./

--
Bond Servant,
Bill Taylor

Old 04-29-2008, 03:54 AM
Gary Pewitt

Danni, What browser did you download it with? If it was Firefox or
Netscape just click on tools and downloads and it should be there
unless you changed the destination directory. If you used IE then I
can't help you as I never use it. If you don't find it in the download
directory then do a find on the file name.
73 Gary

Old 04-29-2008, 10:29 AM
Avi Greenbury

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 01:20:50 -0500
Willis Taylor <th1bill@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Danni wrote:
> > I recently downloaded the 8.04 on my Windows computer and it is a zip
> > archive. I can't seem to find the iso image inside the archive. Before
> > 8.04, I downloaded the 7.10 and it was only 1 file - the iso image.
> > NOTE: I am NOT upgrading. Never had a chance to install 7.10 so I
> > decided to wait for the new one.
> >
> > Can you please guide me to finding the image file.
> >
> > Danni
> Assuming your running XP go Start.>Search and type Ubuntu and click
> find. Then in the results Dbl Click the Ubuntu 8.04 file and note it's
> location./

My understanding is that Danni knows exactly where the file was downloaded to, but is confused that the file is coming up as a zip archive, and so wants to find the ISO image *inside* the archive, or find some means of getting the ISO out of the archive.

So I'm going to suggest you follow Rutger's suggestion, and double check the file is actually what Windows tells you it is.

--
Avi Greenbury