Old 04-27-2008, 11:47 PM
Harold Hartley

Default mouse settings

I run ubuntu 8.04 on my Dell Latitude D800 laptop and it has the
touchpad and the button in the keyboard to move the mouse cursor.
When I type on the keyboard, the cursor moves by itself and drives me nuts.
Where can I find a setting that will disable the button on my keyboard
so I can use just the touchpad.
I hope someone can help me on this...

Harold

Old 04-28-2008, 03:20 AM
Alex Janssen

Harold Hartley said the following on 04/27/2008 07:47 PM:
> I run ubuntu 8.04 on my Dell Latitude D800 laptop and it has the
> touchpad and the button in the keyboard to move the mouse cursor.
> When I type on the keyboard, the cursor moves by itself and drives me nuts.
> Where can I find a setting that will disable the button on my keyboard
> so I can use just the touchpad.
> I hope someone can help me on this...
>
> Harold

Maybe there is a separate "Input Device" in /etc/X11/xorg.conf for the
keyboard button. I don't have one, so I don't know. If so you could
comment it out and restart your X server with ctrl-alt-backspace and see
if it disables it. Remember to make a backup copy of your working
xorg.conf file before doing this.

Alex

--
Ourwoods.org
If money could talk, it would say good-bye. - My Wallet (224)