Old 04-27-2008, 10:03 AM
Arthur

Default 8.04 LTS Fails Install Error 16

did you try both cds ... desktop(live) and alternate ?
if none works try the server install & finish your way up with apt-get

Old 04-27-2008, 05:31 PM
"Clint Tinsley"

did you try both cds ... desktop(live) and alternate ?
if none works try the server install & finish your way up with apt-get

As I wrote previsously, I tried installing from the CD's and also in doing a 8.04 LTS upgrade using the software update manager from a fresh install of 7.10 that was working, all resulting in the error 16 inconsistent filesystem structure.* I googled this error for hardy and did get a lot of hits.* I don't*think the results of doing the server install followed apt-get install of*the desktop would yeild any different results as I do*believe it is some sort of a hardware compatibility issue.* I threw*a WindowsXP image on*the suspect hard drive*and it is working fine as well.* Kind of a bummer as I had ubuntu 7.04 working on this laptop and it worked really well, had it on there for last year.* I don't know at this point if it is a grub loader issue or if the hard drive is getting scrambled in the installing 8.04 LTS.

Clint