Old 04-27-2008, 08:25 AM
"Clint Tinsley"

Default 8.04 LTS Fails Install Error 16

I have a Compaq Presario PIII laptop and 7.10 installs fine on/works. I have tried to install 8.04 two different ways. An 8.04 install from the CD, fails at about 40% of file copy, complains about the hard drive or need for a cooler system... Intalled a fresh 7.10 install, and did the 8.04 LTS upgrade from the software updater, that all looked good (desktop artwork not withstanding), but on reboot to finish, I now get an error 16 Inconsistent filesystem structure. I am not willing to accespt that I have a bad hard disk as it works fine with 7.10 and has been for a number of months.

Anyone having a similar problem and found resolution.

Clint

Old 04-27-2008, 08:27 AM
"Clint Tinsley"