Old 04-27-2008, 03:21 AM
Felipe Figueiredo

Default on bluetooth devices/adapters

Hey all,

I'm thinking about entering the XXI century, but have some questions
before spending what little money I brought from the XX.

So, if I am to use bluetooth headset, mouse, keyboard, or anything else
with ubuntu, should my only concern fall onto the BT adapter on the
computer, so as if the adapter is properly recognized by the kernel
driver(s), every device should be automatically recognized and become
usable, or it all works similarly to the USB paradigm, where each device
needs a driver of its own?

regards
FF

Old 04-27-2008, 11:14 AM
Marius Gedminas

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 12:21:31AM -0300, Felipe Figueiredo wrote:
> I'm thinking about entering the XXI century, but have some questions
> before spending what little money I brought from the XX.
>
> So, if I am to use bluetooth headset, mouse, keyboard, or anything else
> with ubuntu, should my only concern fall onto the BT adapter on the
> computer, so as if the adapter is properly recognized by the kernel
> driver(s), every device should be automatically recognized and become
> usable, or it all works similarly to the USB paradigm, where each device
> needs a driver of its own?

It's like USB. Also, like USB, most of the devices use standard
protocols and do not need special drivers.

Marius Gedminas
--
It's my understanding that although in principle TCP can handle huge
throughputs in practice many stacks haven't been optimized for that case, so

Old 04-28-2008, 01:05 PM
"PEDRO MACANAS VALVERDE"

>I'm thinking about entering the XXI century, but have some questions
before spending what little money I brought from the XX.

>So, if I am to use bluetooth headset, mouse, keyboard, or anything else
with ubuntu, should my only concern fall onto the BT adapter on the
computer, so as if the adapter is properly recognized by the kernel
driver(s), every device should be automatically recognized and become
usable, or it all works similarly to the USB paradigm, where each device
needs a driver of its own?

I like this question. I think I would plug my USB cellular modem (Huawei E220) and I could surf. But it hasnīt happened.

I have to detect the modem using Wvdialconf .

I have two icons in the desktop and I couldnīt click on one of them to connect to the Internet.

It does not support Ethernet over USB ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethernet_over_USB ), i.e. to use DHCP.

For a XXI century more advanced working, I would plug and surf the internet, without detection or installation.

Regards.