Old 04-27-2008, 03:00 AM
"Lee McLain"

Default SSH and Hardy Heron - I am confused

My apologies for not changin the subject line the first time.

On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 10:59 PM, Lee McLain <lee.mclain@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi everyone,

** I have just installed Hardy Heron and copied my .ssh folder from my old installation to my new. I tried to log into my server via ssh(in a terminal) and all of a sudden there is a requester asking me for a keyring password.* Of course, nothing works and I can't use my ssh login anymore!

** I don't understand what's going on, therefore, I don't know how to remedy this situation!* Any information for a fix would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Lee

Old 04-27-2008, 03:04 AM
Dubh Aingeal

Lee McLain wrote:
> My apologies for not changin the subject line the first time.
>
> On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 10:59 PM, Lee McLain <lee.mclain@gmail.com
> <mailto:lee.mclain@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have just installed Hardy Heron and copied my .ssh folder
> from my old installation to my new. I tried to log into my server
> via ssh(in a terminal) and all of a sudden there is a requester
> asking me for a keyring password. Of course, nothing works and I
> can't use my ssh login anymore!
>
> I don't understand what's going on, therefore, I don't know how
> to remedy this situation! Any information for a fix would be
> greatly appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
> Lee

I had that very similar thing happen when I was logging into work via
ssh. Turned out it was asking for my ssh key.