Old 04-26-2008, 09:41 PM
"Niels Andersen"

Default USB Drive sometimes auto mounts as read-only

On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 4:58 PM, Anna EdwARds <ash.1574@hotmail.com> wrote:

I would actually do it as ext3 (2 gb or more) or ext2 (otherwise)

I certainly agree, but I don't think my fourth machine, a Windows XP desktop,
can read ext2 or ext3 partitions.* Am I wrong?

My strength is database, and I do most of my database work on unix platforms,

but I am no Unix/Linux system administrator.* Since I don't think I will ever
get all my necessary Windows applications to run under ubuntu, my other option
is to install a Virtual Machine on the Windows XP system, so I can load ubuntu

as a second OS, but I am not there yet.

Thanks,
Niels

*