Old 04-26-2008, 05:39 PM
Xurxo Fernndez Gismero

Default Keyboard not working after suspend

50% of the times I suspend the computer the keyboard wont work after
resuming. I could solve it in gutsy by unbinding and binding the
keyboard (bug 23497 in acpi-support).
I created both scripts on /etc/acpi/resume.d and suspend.d but they
don't work on Hardy! Any idea what to do? I found hardy to be the most
buggy ubuntu release I have tried on my computer.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/acpi-support/+bug/23497

Thanks in advance

Old 04-27-2008, 10:30 AM
Oliver Grawert

hi,
Am Samstag, den 26.04.2008, 19:39 +0200 schrieb Xurxo Fernndez Gismero:
> 50% of the times I suspend the computer the keyboard wont work after
> resuming. I could solve it in gutsy by unbinding and binding the
> keyboard (bug 23497 in acpi-support).
> I created both scripts on /etc/acpi/resume.d and suspend.d but they
> don't work on Hardy! Any idea what to do? I found hardy to be the most
> buggy ubuntu release I have tried on my computer.
hardy uses the pm-utils scripts under /etc/pm/ now, the acpi scripts
were a workaround thats not needed anymore now that hal supports
pm-utils.

ciao
oli

Old 04-27-2008, 09:32 PM
Xurxo Fernández Gismero

2008-04-27 (日) の 12:30 +0200 に Oliver Grawert さんは書きました:
> hi,
> Am Samstag, den 26.04.2008, 19:39 +0200 schrieb Xurxo Fernández Gismero:
> > 50% of the times I suspend the computer the keyboard wont work after
> > resuming. I could solve it in gutsy by unbinding and binding the
> > keyboard (bug 23497 in acpi-support).
> > I created both scripts on /etc/acpi/resume.d and suspend.d but they
> > don't work on Hardy! Any idea what to do? I found hardy to be the most
> > buggy ubuntu release I have tried on my computer.
> hardy uses the pm-utils scripts under /etc/pm/ now, the acpi scripts
> were a workaround thats not needed anymore now that hal supports
> pm-utils.

That explains why the scripts weren't working but it doesnt explain why
I'm having all those problems trying to resume.
I finally decided to fall back to gutsy where everything worked for me.

Old 04-30-2008, 03:30 PM
Xurxo Fernndez Gismero

On Sun, 2008-04-27 at 12:30 +0200, Oliver Grawert wrote:
> hi,
> Am Samstag, den 26.04.2008, 19:39 +0200 schrieb Xurxo Fernndez Gismero:
> > 50% of the times I suspend the computer the keyboard wont work after
> > resuming. I could solve it in gutsy by unbinding and binding the
> > keyboard (bug 23497 in acpi-support).
> > I created both scripts on /etc/acpi/resume.d and suspend.d but they
> > don't work on Hardy! Any idea what to do? I found hardy to be the most
> > buggy ubuntu release I have tried on my computer.
> hardy uses the pm-utils scripts under /etc/pm/ now, the acpi scripts
> were a workaround thats not needed anymore now that hal supports
> pm-utils.
>
> ciao
> oli
Hi Oliver,
Do you know how to put those scripts in /etc/pm? After being able to
resume 20% of the times I had to downgrade to Gutsy. Thanks in advance.