Old 04-26-2008, 04:18 PM
Pat Brown

Default Hardy install over existing Ubuntu install

I've got the newest release of Ubuntu 8.04 - the LTS version I believe.
When I run the install, will it overwrite everything or will it
recognize the Linux partition and simply replace the core files and
leave my home directory and documents folder alone? I'm backing things
up but don't know of a way to save all my emails outside of physically
saving all. But I'd like to install this to fix some issues I'm having
not being able to run updates.

--
Pat Brown
http://www.pabrown.ca/

L.A. Heat, the first Chris and David mystery

Old 04-26-2008, 04:23 PM
"Jayson Rowe"

I've got the newest release of Ubuntu 8.04 - the LTS version I believe.

When I run the install, will it overwrite everything or will it

recognize the Linux partition and simply replace the core files and

leave my home directory and documents folder alone? I'm backing things

up but don't know of a way to save all my emails outside of physically

saving all. But I'd like to install this to fix some issues I'm having

not being able to run updates.

--

Pat Brown

http://www.pabrown.ca/

L.A. Heat, the first Chris and David mystery

If you have /home on a seperate partition you will be ok - if you have everything in a single partition, settings will be overwritten.

You may also want to consider upgrading via Upgrade Manager online if you can.

--
-jayson