Old 04-26-2008, 03:12 PM
"angels mail"

Default Which scanner

Hi to all )
I'm planning to buy a scanner and I'm searching around to find out which one would work on Ubuntu 7.10... Can someone of you help me with the decision? And... I wouldn't buy the most expensive one ))

thanks
--
Cheers, Angels

WE never know how high we are
Till we are called to rise;
And then, if we are true to plan,
Our statures touch the skies.(E.Dickinson)

Old 04-26-2008, 03:20 PM
Ioannis Vranos

angels mail wrote:
> Hi to all )
> I'm planning to buy a scanner and I'm searching around to find out which
> one would work on Ubuntu 7.10... Can someone of you help me with the
> decision? And... I wouldn't buy the most expensive one ))
>
> thanks

From personal experience, HP provides Linux support for all its products.

Old 04-26-2008, 03:58 PM
Zach

I bought a Canon LiDE 30 on ebay for dirt cheap a few years ago and
have never regretted it.
Many of the LiDE scanners are well supported under linux. They scan
great, and many of them are very slim and are usb-powered, meaning
they don't require a bulky power adapter.

Here's a list of scanners currently supported by the Linux's scanner
infrastructure:
http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html

Here are some of the Canon LiDE 30 scanners on ebay:
http://tinyurl.com/4teclw

On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 11:12 AM, angels mail <angels.mails@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi to all )
> I'm planning to buy a scanner and I'm searching around to find out which one
> would work on Ubuntu 7.10... Can someone of you help me with the decision?
> And... I wouldn't buy the most expensive one ))
>
> thanks
>
> --
> Cheers, Angels
>
> WE never know how high we are
> Till we are called to rise;
> And then, if we are true to plan,
> Our statures touch the skies.(E.Dickinson)

:wq!

Old 04-26-2008, 05:19 PM
"Haneef Bashir"

i have the hp f4180 and it works like a dream with gutsy never had any complaints, and its a pretty cheap all in one.

Old 04-26-2008, 05:35 PM
Jim Smith

Zach wrote:
> I bought a Canon LiDE 30 on ebay for dirt cheap a few years ago and
> have never regretted it.
> Many of the LiDE scanners are well supported under linux. They scan
> great, and many of them are very slim and are usb-powered, meaning
> they don't require a bulky power adapter.
>
> Here's a list of scanners currently supported by the Linux's scanner
> infrastructure:
> http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html
>
> Here are some of the Canon LiDE 30 scanners on ebay:
> http://tinyurl.com/4teclw
>
> On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 11:12 AM, angels mail <angels.mails@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi to all )
>> I'm planning to buy a scanner and I'm searching around to find out which one
>> would work on Ubuntu 7.10... Can someone of you help me with the decision?
>> And... I wouldn't buy the most expensive one ))
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> --
>> Cheers, Angels
>>
>> WE never know how high we are
>> Till we are called to rise;
>> And then, if we are true to plan,
>> Our statures touch the skies.(E.Dickinson)
>> --

Ditto for me. I was given a LiDE 60 for my birthday and it has always
worked fine.

Luck....

Jim