Old 04-26-2008, 03:04 PM
Xurxo Fernndez Gismero

Default SCIM input (again)

I post one week ago because I was having problems with SCIM. After the
final LTS version went out I installed everything from scratch.
I'm using SCIM and scim-anthy to type in japanese. You can change input
by pressing ctrl + space.
The problem is SCIM doesnt work consistently.
Scenario 1: I add pidgin as a start-up program and SCIM doesn't work.
Pressing crl+space doesnt do anything (it doesnt even write blank
spaces)
Scenario 2: I start pidgin from the menu. SCIM works fine.
So it seems that pidgin at startup doesnt get its input "intercepted" by
SCIM. Closing and restarting pidgin restores SCIM input.
Any suggestion on how to fix it? I'm gonna open a bug report anyway.

Old 04-26-2008, 03:55 PM
Xurxo Fernández Gismero

2008-04-26 (土) の 17:04 +0200 に Xurxo Fernández Gismero さんは書きまし
た:
> I post one week ago because I was having problems with SCIM. After the
> final LTS version went out I installed everything from scratch.
> I'm using SCIM and scim-anthy to type in japanese. You can change input
> by pressing ctrl + space.
> The problem is SCIM doesnt work consistently.
> Scenario 1: I add pidgin as a start-up program and SCIM doesn't work.
> Pressing crl+space doesnt do anything (it doesnt even write blank
> spaces)
> Scenario 2: I start pidgin from the menu. SCIM works fine.
> So it seems that pidgin at startup doesnt get its input "intercepted" by
> SCIM. Closing and restarting pidgin restores SCIM input.
> Any suggestion on how to fix it? I'm gonna open a bug report anyway.

It seems there's been some changes in SCIM lately. Selecting
scim-immodules (im-switch -c scim-immodules) fixes the problem.
I have some suspend/resume issues where keyboard won't work on resume
but after changing to immodules it happens less often.