Old 04-26-2008, 01:08 PM
Xurxo Fernández Gismero

Default Suspend Problem w/ Thinkpad t61

> > The issue, specifically, is that the computer will suspend to RAM
> > successfully, and wake suc essfully, one or two times in a row. About
> > every third time, however, it refuses to wake up. I open the lid, but
> > the suspend light remains on, and nothing else happens. I have to
> > shut the computer down and reboot.
>
> My T61 (intel video) suspends and resumes nicely. Every now and then
> (well, a few times a week) resume hangs for a while: I get a text
> console saying "inux" in yellow, and the moon LED is blinking. At this
> point I can switch between virtual consoles (but not to the GUI), I can
> type text, I can toggle Caps Lock, and that's pretty much it. Alt-SysRq
> doesn't work.
I have problems with suspend too on a Dell inspiron. Sometimes after
resuming the keyboard wont work. The solution for me was this (hope it
helps someone):

As root, create the following files:

/etc/acpi/resume.d/40-i8042-input.sh
Code:

#!/bin/sh

# Rebind the AT keyboard interface.
if [ -f /sys/bus/platform/drivers/i8042/bind ]; then
echo -n "i8042" > /sys/bus/platform/drivers/i8042/bind
fi

/etc/acpi/suspend.d/20-i8042-input.sh
Code:

#!/bin/sh

# Unbind the AT keyboard interface.
if [ -f /sys/bus/platform/drivers/i8042/unbind ]; then
echo -n "i8042" > /sys/bus/platform/drivers/i8042/unbind
fi

Set them as executable and you're good to go.