Old 04-26-2008, 09:32 AM
R Kimber

Default 8.04 PAM errors

I frequently get errors of the form:

CRON[1034]: PAM adding faulty module: /lib/security/pam_smbpass.so
CRON[1079]: PAM unable to dlopen(/lib/security/pam_smbpass.so)
CRON[1079]: PAM [error: /lib/security/pam_smbpass.so: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory]

It looks as if there might be errors for most but not all cron jobs,
but I'm not sure yet.

Can someone tell me the significance of this, if any? I haven't set up
a cron job running every 10 minutes

- Richard
--
Richard Kimber
http://www.psr.keele.ac.uk/

Old 04-26-2008, 10:51 AM
R Kimber

On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 10:32:35 +0100
R Kimber wrote:

> I frequently get errors of the form:
>
> CRON[1034]: PAM adding faulty module: /lib/security/pam_smbpass.so
> CRON[1079]: PAM unable to dlopen(/lib/security/pam_smbpass.so)
> CRON[1079]: PAM [error: /lib/security/pam_smbpass.so: cannot open
> shared object file: No such file or directory]
>
> It looks as if there might be errors for most but not all cron jobs,
> but I'm not sure yet.
>
> Can someone tell me the significance of this, if any? I haven't set up
> a cron job running every 10 minutes

Sorry, ignore the last sentence. I first thought the errors were every
10 mins, realised they weren't, but forgot to delete the sentence.

- Richard
--
Richard Kimber
http://www.psr.keele.ac.uk/

Old 04-26-2008, 11:01 AM
Mario Vukelic

On Sat, 2008-04-26 at 10:32 +0100, R Kimber wrote:

> CRON[1034]: PAM adding faulty module: /lib/security/pam_smbpass.so

I have no clue, but Google found this bug report, maybe it can get you
started: