Old 04-26-2008, 02:49 AM
MATO

Default Asus drw-1608p2 Burn problems

Hello, my name is Matias i'm from Argentina. I'm a Ubuntu user since
4.10... and never have any problem, but there's allways a first time.
I'm having trouble since Fesity to burn dvd ....

my device is a Asus drw-1608p2 connected to a mother Asus m2npv-mv to an IDE port, which has the nForce 430 chipset.
I tried to burn with Nautilus, Brasero, k3b, NeroLinux ... same results in all > "input / output error" or "dma error".....

I think it's a problem with dma, because since Feisty recognizes the
IDE devices as Scsi .... since they started this I can not burn
anything.
with each update I'm waiting for a fix, but never came. I'm using Hardy right now and the issue it's still here.

Please if there's some one that known a fix or tip... let me know

Saludos a todos..... thanks in advance
--
MATO.- http://redavalon.blogspot.com