Old 04-26-2008, 02:36 AM
MATO

Default Fwd: Asus drw-1608p2 Burn problems

Hello, my name is Matias i'm from Argentina. I'm a Ubuntu user since 4.10... and never have any problem, but there's allways a first time.
I'm having trouble since Fesity to burn dvd ....

my device is a Asus drw-1608p2 connected to a mother Asus m2npv-mv to an IDE port, which has the nForce 430 chipset.
I tried to burn with Nautilus, Brasero, k3b, NeroLinux ... same results in all > "input / output error" or "dma error".....

I think it's a problem with dma, because since Feisty recognizes the
IDE devices as Scsi .... since they started this I can not burn
anything.
with each update I'm waiting for a fix, but never came. I'm using Hardy right now and the issue it's still here.

Please if there's some one that known a fix or tip... let me know

Saludos a todos..... thanks in advance

--
MATO.- http://redavalon.blogspot.com

Old 04-26-2008, 01:04 PM
Karl Larsen

MATO wrote:
> Hello, my name is Matias i'm from Argentina. I'm a Ubuntu user since 4.10...
> and never have any problem, but there's allways a first time.
> I'm having trouble since Fesity to burn dvd ....
> my device is a Asus drw-1608p2 connected to a mother Asus m2npv-mv to an IDE
> port, which has the nForce 430 chipset.
> I tried to burn with Nautilus, Brasero, k3b, NeroLinux ... same results in
> all > "input / output error" or "dma error".....
> I think it's a problem with dma, because since Feisty recognizes the IDE
> devices as Scsi .... since they started this I can not burn anything.
> with each update I'm waiting for a fix, but never came. I'm using Hardy
> right now and the issue it's still here.
>
> Please if there's some one that known a fix or tip... let me know
>
> Saludos a todos..... thanks in advance

Hi Matias, it sounds like you must have a SATA hard drive. Ubuntu
7.10 will use /dev/hda unless it is a SATA. So please check your BIOS
and see what it thinks your system has.

I think you just need to make sure BIOS has a CD or DVD drive as
/dev/sdax and I think then your software can find it. I bet it isn't
there now :-)

Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI