Old 04-25-2008, 11:48 PM
Bruce Ferrell

Default awstats gui can't find config file

I'm having a problem with awstats. I'm able to configure it to analyze
my log files but I get the following error when I try to display the
results:

Error: Couldn't open config file "awstats.nautilus.conf" nor
"awstats.conf" after searching in path "/etc/awstats": Permission denied

- Did you use the correct URL ?
Example: http://localhost/awstats/awstats.pl?config=mysite
Example: http://127.0.0.1/cgi-bin/awstats.pl?config=mysite
- Did you create your config file 'awstats.control.nautilus.org.conf' ?
If not, you can run "awstats_configure.pl" from command line, or create
it manually.

Check config file, permissions and AWStats documentation (in 'docs'
directory).

Both files are present in /etc/awstats and for testing purposes I've
even set their permissions 666.

Any suggestions?