Old 04-25-2008, 08:44 PM
Tony Corbett

Default My Maxtor External hard drive

anyone able to help help with my problem mounting my 100 GB usb ehd (ntfs) by looking at these log messages?
http://paste.ubuntu.com/8002/

Are you paid what you're worth? Find out: SEEK Salary Centre
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Eseek%2Ecom%2Eau% 2Fcareer%2Dresources%2Fsalary%2Dcentre%2F%3Ftracki ng%3Dsk%3Ahet%3Asc%3Anine%3A0%3Ahot%3Atext&_t=7645 65661&_r=OCT07_endtext_salary&_m=EXT

Old 04-25-2008, 10:26 PM
Gerald Dachs

Am Sat, 26 Apr 2008 06:44:44 +1000
schrieb Tony Corbett <corbtr@hotmail.com>:

> anyone able to help help with my problem mounting my 100 GB usb ehd
> (ntfs) by looking at these log messages? http://paste.ubuntu.com/8002/

No, nobody is able to mount this drive.

Gerald

Old 04-25-2008, 11:26 PM
NoOp

On 04/25/2008 01:44 PM, Tony Corbett wrote:
> anyone able to help help with my problem mounting my 100 GB usb ehd (ntfs) by looking at these log messages?
> http://paste.ubuntu.com/8002/

How many threads are you going to start on this?

I provided you with two links:

One with possible solutions, another with a link to the Seagate/Maxtor
forum that shows that these USB drives are flakey even in Windows. That
last also has some possible solutions - one being returning the drive
and/or taking the drive out and using it in another enclosure.

Old 04-25-2008, 11:51 PM
James Gray