Old 04-25-2008, 08:36 PM
NoOp

Default HP - was Ubuntu 8.04 and Firefox 3 Beta 5

On 04/25/2008 01:20 PM, Ioannis Vranos wrote:
> Christoph Bier wrote:
>> But again: It was just the last straw. Only this FF problem wouldn't
>> be enough for me to think about a different OS. But all of this
>> hardware and driver issues drive me crazy. For weeks I want to buy a
>> webcam but I don't have the time to search for a good cam that's
>> supported by Linux. The same for a scanner.
>
> As a rule of thumb all HP products are supported in Linux (more
> accurately: They provide Linux support for their products).
>
> My HP scanner and HP inkjet printer work out of the box.

Give you $10 if you can help me get my old HP ScanJet 3200C (parallel
port connector) working on Gutsy & Hardy :-)

I use a different scanner (Canon MP750) but want to get this working so
I can install it at a different location.

New thread to respond of course :-)