Old 04-25-2008, 07:57 PM
Karl Larsen

Default need software

I need to install Apache and MySQL and PHP on my 7.10 Ubuntu
computer. The only way I see now is to get the tar balls from the web
pages and compile and install them. Does anyone know where any of these
3 things can be had by apt-get?

Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 04-25-2008, 08:09 PM
NoOp

On 04/25/2008 12:57 PM, Karl Larsen wrote:
> I need to install Apache and MySQL and PHP on my 7.10 Ubuntu
> computer. The only way I see now is to get the tar balls from the web
> pages and compile and install them. Does anyone know where any of these
> 3 things can be had by apt-get?
>
> Karl

Use Synaptics to search & then install. Or if you want the whole server
package: Edit|Mark Packages by Task|LAMP server

From command line:

tasksel

Old 04-25-2008, 08:18 PM
Mario Vukelic

On Fri, 2008-04-25 at 13:57 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
> I need to install Apache and MySQL and PHP on my 7.10 Ubuntu
> computer. The only way I see now is to get the tar balls from the web
> pages and compile and install them. Does anyone know where any of
> these 3 things can be had by apt-get?

Looks like this should help:
<http://joeabiraad.com/linuxunix/installing-lamp-on-ubuntu-710-linuxapachemysqlphp/100>

Old 04-25-2008, 09:36 PM
Karl Larsen

Mario Vukelic wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-04-25 at 13:57 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
>
>> I need to install Apache and MySQL and PHP on my 7.10 Ubuntu
>> computer. The only way I see now is to get the tar balls from the web
>> pages and compile and install them. Does anyone know where any of
>> these 3 things can be had by apt-get?
>>

> Looks like this should help:
> <http://joeabiraad.com/linuxunix/installing-lamp-on-ubuntu-710-linuxapachemysqlphp/100>

Your right! The page tells where and how. Alas the mirrors are very
busy now with the d/l of Hardy I guess :-)

I got Them now. It will be fun to do a web page with a data base.

Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User