Old 04-25-2008, 03:21 PM
Pastor JW

Default no mixer?

After the update to 8.04 the sound no longer works. The applet in the
tray says, "mixer can not be found", What mixer is missing?

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n>< * PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org

Old 04-25-2008, 03:38 PM
Mario Vukelic

On Fri, 2008-04-25 at 08:21 -0700, Pastor JW wrote:
> After the update to 8.04 the sound no longer works. The applet in the
> tray says, "mixer can not be found", What mixer is missing?

Which upgrade procedure did you use?

Old 04-25-2008, 04:15 PM
Pastor JW

On Friday 25 April 2008 08:21:39 am Pastor JW wrote:
> After the update to 8.04 the sound no longer works. The applet in the
> tray says, "mixer can not be found", What mixer is missing?

Found the fix here!

http://linux.dell.com/wiki/index.php/Ubuntu_8.04/Issues/No_Sound

All now working as before! Thanks

Old 04-25-2008, 07:33 PM
Pastor JW

On Friday 25 April 2008, Mario Vukelic wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-04-25 at 08:21 -0700, Pastor JW wrote:
> > After the update to 8.04 the sound no longer works. The applet in the
> > tray says, "mixer can not be found", What mixer is missing?
>
> Which upgrade procedure did you use?

I used Update Manager. The app which gave that "mixer can not be found"
phrase however, was Kmix. I have fixed the problem which has to do more with
an earlier Dell patch. My last e-mail gave the URL of what I did to get it
working again.