Old 04-25-2008, 04:29 AM
"Haneef Bashir"

Default partitions not detected

Hello all
i just installed Hardy and now when i log in, i don't have access to the other partitions of my hard drive. how do i gain partition detection, or do i have to reinstall?

Old 04-25-2008, 11:12 AM
Karl Larsen

Haneef Bashir wrote:
> Hello all
> i just installed Hardy and now when i log in, i don't have access to the
> other partitions of my hard drive. how do i gain partition detection, or do
> i have to reinstall?

I am not sure what you mean. Do you mean you cannot load the systems
in other partitions or do you mean you can not use sudo mount -t ext3
/dev/hda2 /mnt?

It seems you have a Grub problem but not sure.

Karl

--

Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
Linux User

Old 04-28-2008, 01:50 AM
"Kim Briggs"

On 4/25/08, Haneef Bashir <darkfena313@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all
> i just installed Hardy and now when i log in, i don't have access to the
> other partitions of my hard drive. how do i gain partition detection, or do
> i have to reinstall?

Hi HB,

I am writing not as an expert on this subject, but I have had a lot of
luck using the program "pysdm" = Python Storage Device Manager. It
has helped me add a second hard drive by giving me a graphical way to
edit the fstab. It is not installed by default. To try it, you would
have to execute "sudo apt-get install pysdm" in a terminal. Its final
location should be in your path, so you should be able to type "pysdm"
in a terminal to start it up.

Also, the graphical program "gparted" has been a lot of help dealing
with partitions.

cheers,
--
http://kimbriggs.com

Old 04-28-2008, 07:50 AM
"Haneef Bashir"

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 4:50 AM, Kim Briggs <patiodragon@gmail.com> wrote:

On 4/25/08, Haneef Bashir <darkfena313@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all

> i just installed Hardy and now when i log in, i don't have access to the

> other partitions of my hard drive. how do i gain partition detection, or do

> i have to reinstall?

Hi HB,

I am writing not as an expert on this subject, but I have had a lot of

luck using the program "pysdm" = Python Storage Device Manager. *It

has helped me add a second hard drive by giving me a graphical way to

edit the fstab. *It is not installed by default. *To try it, you would

have to execute "sudo apt-get install pysdm" in a terminal. *Its final

location should be in your path, so you should be able to type "pysdm"

in a terminal to start it up.

Also, the graphical program "gparted" has been a lot of help dealing

with partitions.

cheers,

--

http://kimbriggs.com