Old 04-25-2008, 02:23 AM
Carlos Alberto Alves

Default HP PRinters Linux Compatability

Take a look at http://hplip.sourceforge.net/

jeffrey tooker wrote:
> Does anyone know about how long HP printers have been Linux compatable? Is
> there an HP/Linux compatable list some where. I am building up my Ubuntu
> dedicated machine. I know this sounds cheap, but most of the stuff to build
> up the system is stuff Windows people have quit using. My monitor burned up
> so I got one from my neighbor who was throwing it out. Works fine, just
> old.
>
> Jeffrey Tooker
> Paynes Creek Ca.

* Carlos Alberto Alves *
* Child Neurologist *
* Systems Analyst/ASUS Certified Professional*
* Rio de Janeiro, Brazil *
* Skype: carlos-aa *
* mailto:drcaa@click21.com.br *
* mailto:drcaa@predialnet.com.br *

Old 04-25-2008, 03:55 AM
Rick Knight

jeffrey tooker wrote:
> Does anyone know about how long HP printers have been Linux compatable? Is
> there an HP/Linux compatable list some where. I am building up my Ubuntu
> dedicated machine. I know this sounds cheap, but most of the stuff to build
> up the system is stuff Windows people have quit using. My monitor burned up
> so I got one from my neighbor who was throwing it out. Works fine, just
> old.
>
> Jeffrey Tooker
> Paynes Creek Ca.

I call it recycling. I just got an HP Laserjet 5000 with 2 optional
paper trays from work for free. My boss didn't want to have it repaired
(again) so I asked if I could have it. I repaired the unit for the price
of an $8.00 part. I have several old PCs, monitors HPs and so on. I have
to purge occasionally and now and then I buy a new component, like my
nVidia graphics card.

BTW I live in Stockton and have lived in some part of california for
most of my 54 years, but I've never heard of Paynes Creek. What's it near?

Rick

Old 04-25-2008, 06:10 AM
"Jeffrey Tooker"

Rick:

I am thirty miles east of Red Bluff on highway 36. Paynes Creek is acually
10 mi West of me.

Jeffrey Tooker
Paynes Creek Ca.