Old 04-24-2008, 10:45 PM
Ioannis Vranos

Default compiz and viewport switcher

stan wrote:
> I'm using compiz on some machines at work, and have set up the "rotate
> desktop" feature so that I can change workspaces with my mouse's
> scroll wheel. I tried doing the same on a machine at home, but I don't seem
> to have an option in the advanced desktop setup to allow "viewport
> switcher" which seems to be required to make this work.
>
> could this be a function not supported by the video card I have at home?

You don't mention the Ubuntu version and the video card.

Old 04-25-2008, 06:06 PM
Marius Gedminas

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 06:23:47PM -0400, stan wrote:
> I'm using compiz on some machines at work, and have set up the "rotate
> desktop" feature so that I can change workspaces with my mouse's
> scroll wheel. I tried doing the same on a machine at home, but I don't seem
> to have an option in the advanced desktop setup to allow "viewport
> switcher" which seems to be required to make this work.
>
> could this be a function not supported by the video card I have at home?

No, this has nothing to do with the video card. Could be a different
version of compiz, or a different set of installed plugins.

Marius Gedminas
--
Dijkstra probably hates me
-- Linus Torvalds, in kernel/sched.c

Old 04-25-2008, 08:53 PM
stan

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 09:06:33PM +0300, Marius Gedminas wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 06:23:47PM -0400, stan wrote:
> > I'm using compiz on some machines at work, and have set up the "rotate
> > desktop" feature so that I can change workspaces with my mouse's
> > scroll wheel. I tried doing the same on a machine at home, but I don't seem
> > to have an option in the advanced desktop setup to allow "viewport
> > switcher" which seems to be required to make this work.
> >
> > could this be a function not supported by the video card I have at home?
>
> No, this has nothing to do with the video card. Could be a different
> version of compiz, or a different set of installed plugins.

Thanks,

Could you clarify what plugins are associated with compiz?

programs.