Old 04-24-2008, 09:14 PM
Larry Shields

Default Update manager problem...

*I seem to be having a problem in not getting the update manager to
finish...

It starts download 12 of 31, but it stops after the "Hit Sources
http://archive.canonical.com hardy/partner Sources".....

Anyone have any idea as to why...???

Thanks for any help...

Larry
*

--
Powered by Debian/GNU/Linux
by Ubuntu ver 8.04 Hardy Heron

"This is Linux Country,
on a quiet night you can hear
WINDOZE ! Systems REBOOTING !!"

Old 04-24-2008, 09:24 PM
Mario Vukelic

On Thu, 2008-04-24 at 16:14 -0500, Larry Shields wrote:
> It starts download 12 of 31, but it stops after the "Hit Sources
> http://archive.canonical.com hardy/partner Sources".....
>
> Anyone have any idea as to why...???

Too many people downloading at the same time ...

Old 04-25-2008, 12:49 AM
DigitalPig

Larry Shields <larryesu@charter.net> writes:

> *I seem to be having a problem in not getting the update manager to
> finish...
>
> It starts download 12 of 31, but it stops after the "Hit Sources
> http://archive.canonical.com hardy/partner Sources".....
>
> Anyone have any idea as to why...???

I think today is the first day of Hardy, many people are downloading
from that. It is like DDoS attack.
--
DigitalPig
E-mail: digitalpiglee AT gmail DOT com

*Fudan University Macromoleculer Science Forum*
http://fudanmacro.com

Old 04-25-2008, 09:51 AM
"PEDRO MACANAS VALVERDE"

>I think today is the first day of Hardy, many people are downloading
from that. It is like DDoS attack.

Can Ubuntu stablish extraordinary resources to solve this first days´ problems (i.e. more temporary mirrors and automated redirections?).

Regards.

Old 04-25-2008, 10:40 AM
Larry Shields

DigitalPig wrote:
> Larry Shields <larryesu@charter.net> writes:
>

>> *I seem to be having a problem in not getting the update manager to
>> finish...
>>
>> It starts download 12 of 31, but it stops after the "Hit Sources
>> http://archive.canonical.com hardy/partner Sources".....
>>
>> Anyone have any idea as to why...???
>>

> I think today is the first day of Hardy, many people are downloading
> from that. It is like DDoS attack.

*Thanks for those that had replied...

As of this morning, it is in fact working, but to connect it takes
alittle longer than normal...Guess everyone is upgrading...

Thanks again Larry
*

Old 04-25-2008, 06:55 PM
DigitalPig

"PEDRO MACANAS VALVERDE" <macanas_ped@gva.es> writes:

> [...]
I used one mirror server at Florida to upgrade. From the Ubuntu wiki I
was told that this server is "up-to-date".