Old 04-24-2008, 06:47 PM
"Yuelin Li"

Default upgrade-manager from 7.10 to 8.04

My update-manger seems to get stuck on 'Fetching file 1410 or 1436'.
Running 'netstat -tn' suggests that my desktop is stuck trying to
connect to servers in the canonical.com domain.

Is anyone else having the same problem? If not, then perhaps it has
something to do with my machine being behind a corporate firewall? If
so, I suppose I have to upgrade from a CD?

Yuelin.

communication or any of its attachments is strictly prohibited. If
computer.

Old 04-24-2008, 07:05 PM
Pastor JW

On Thursday 24 April 2008 11:47:57 am Yuelin Li wrote:
> My update-manger seems to get stuck on 'Fetching file 1410 or 1436'.
> Running 'netstat -tn' suggests that my desktop is stuck trying to
> connect to servers in the canonical.com domain.
>
> Is anyone else having the same problem? If not, then perhaps it has
> something to do with my machine being behind a corporate firewall? If
> so, I suppose I have to upgrade from a CD?

I suspect it is just the heavy traffic caused by everyone updating at once.
Once it settles down a bit, it may have less trouble connecting to that
server.

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n>< * PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org

Old 04-24-2008, 08:13 PM
Pastor JW