Old 04-24-2008, 01:22 PM
Jim

Default Kubuntu-804 KDE4 download

I went to the Kubuntu.org download site and I want to download the 8.04,
KDE4, can someone give me a exact sight to download KDE4 8.04
What is the difference between KDE4 and KDE4-remix ?

Old 04-24-2008, 01:39 PM
Mario Vukelic

Is there a problem with http://www.kubuntu.com/download.php ?

> What is the difference between KDE4 and KDE4-remix ?

I'm not a Kubuntu user, but as far as I can tell there is no "KDE4"
Kubuntu version. The download page lists

* Download Kubuntu 8.04 (Hardy Heron)
* Download Kubuntu 8.04 (KDE 4 Remix).

My understanding is that the "normal" version uses KDE 3, and the Remix
uses KDE 4.

Old 04-24-2008, 01:39 PM
Mario Vukelic

For details check https://wiki.kubuntu.org/HardyHeron/Beta/Kubuntu

Old 04-24-2008, 02:07 PM
Jim

Mario Vukelic wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-04-24 at 09:22 -0400, Jim wrote:
>
>> I went to the Kubuntu.org download site and I want to download the 8.04,
>> KDE4, can someone give me a exact sight to download KDE4 8.04
>>

> Is there a problem with http://www.kubuntu.com/download.php ?
>

>> What is the difference between KDE4 and KDE4-remix ?
>>

> I'm not a Kubuntu user, but as far as I can tell there is no "KDE4"
> Kubuntu version. The download page lists
>
> * Download Kubuntu 8.04 (Hardy Heron)
> * Download Kubuntu 8.04 (KDE 4 Remix).
>
> My understanding is that the "normal" version uses KDE 3, and the Remix
> uses KDE 4.

Well from I can see is that I have to take KDE-3.5-8.04 for a stable
download,
I wanted KDE-4 but that is still a BETa.
Well I guess I may as well start downloading 3.5 .

Old 04-24-2008, 02:15 PM
Mario Vukelic

On Thu, 2008-04-24 at 10:07 -0400, Jim wrote:
> I wanted KDE-4 but that is still a BETa.

That's really a problem with KDE 4, not Ubuntu.