Old 04-23-2008, 09:06 PM
"William W. Hammond"

Default Samba Server - Swat

Thanks to everyone I now have Ubuntu 7.10 Server Installed.
Added Xubuntu Desktop.
Now I have both a command line and GUI (on request).

Accessing Swat from Firefox "localhost:901"
I get a home page with four buttons: HOME STATUS VIEW PASSWORD.

The Home Button is a very helpful "Manual" of command line options. But...

I recall swat having actual tools to create Groups, Users, Shares etc.
and edit the smb.conf file. But I don't see any of that.

What am I missing...?

Performance Technology Systems Design

"Never Promise more than you can deliver...
Always Deliver more than you promise.."

Old 04-25-2008, 12:44 AM
Ed Greshko

William W. Hammond wrote:
> Thanks to everyone I now have Ubuntu 7.10 Server Installed.
> Added Xubuntu Desktop.
> Now I have both a command line and GUI (on request).
>
> Accessing Swat from Firefox "localhost:901"
> I get a home page with four buttons: HOME STATUS VIEW PASSWORD.
>
> The Home Button is a very helpful "Manual" of command line options. But...
>
> I recall swat having actual tools to create Groups, Users, Shares etc.
> and edit the smb.conf file. But I don't see any of that.
>
> What am I missing...?

Did you authenticate as "root"? I suspect not.....

You need to first change the root password to a known value "sudo passwd
root" and then connect to swat again using "root" as the un and the password
you picked as the password.