Old 04-23-2008, 10:32 PM
"Nicolae Ghimbovschi"

Default Wine and QBW32.exe

Try to run it in console to see what messages it produces :

$ cd exefilelocation
$ wine QBW32.exe

It might be that is missing some dll's

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 1:20 AM, Keith Clark <keithclark1966@rogers.com> wrote:
> Will Wine run Quickbooks Premier (QBW32.exe file)? When I try, it seems to be trying something as the hard drive works for a few moments, but nothing ever really happens.
>
> Keith

"Be the change you want to see in the world !" Gandhi Mahatma

Old 04-23-2008, 10:44 PM
"Bazooka Joe"

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 3:20 PM, Keith Clark <keithclark1966@rogers.com> wrote:
> Will Wine run Quickbooks Premier (QBW32.exe file)? When I try, it seems to be trying something as the hard drive works for a few moments, but nothing ever really happens.
>
> Keith

Check the appdb in winehq.

I would be amazed if you got it to work, QuickBooks is heavily
dependant on IE libraries.

I run windows in virtualbox for quickbooks and other intuit sofware.

Old 04-23-2008, 10:56 PM
Keith Clark

> On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 3:20 PM, Keith Clark wrote:
> > Will Wine run Quickbooks Premier (QBW32.exe file)? When I try, it seems to be
> trying something as the hard drive works for a few moments, but nothing ever
> really happens.
> >
> > Keith
> >

> Check the appdb in winehq.
>
> I would be amazed if you got it to work, QuickBooks is heavily
> dependant on IE libraries.
>
> I run windows in virtualbox for quickbooks and other intuit sofware.

No problem. I'm switching over to GNUCash for FY2008 and beyond but I'm just finishing up FY2007 so it would be easier than dual booting all the time.

I have been using GNUCash for about 3 1/2 months now and it works just fine for my small business needs!

Keith