Old 04-23-2008, 04:50 PM
"Michael S. Peek"

Default iPods and Linux

Hello Ubuntu gurus,

My beloved Archos Jukebox 20 is on it's last leg, and I'm thinking of
replacing it with an iPod (hard drive based). But how well are these
devices supported by an out-of-the-box Ubuntu Gutsy linux? One of the
things I really loved about my Archos was that it shows up as a regular
USB drive, but I understand that you can't do that with an iPod.

Thanks for any and all help,

Michael

Old 04-23-2008, 05:42 PM
"jack wallen"

i had some issues with out of the box ubuntu and my ipod. but eventually i
realized i had installed the wrong gtkpod (i needed the one with acc
support). but outside of that - it's outstanding. all you need to do is
fire up the package manager do a search for gtkpod and install everything
it needs.

in my humble opinion, gtkpod is the best of all the possible softwares for
the ipod (even better than itunes.) i really wanted amarok to work but it
was just impossible to get working correctly.

> Hello Ubuntu gurus,
>
> My beloved Archos Jukebox 20 is on it's last leg, and I'm thinking of
> replacing it with an iPod (hard drive based). But how well are these
> devices supported by an out-of-the-box Ubuntu Gutsy linux? One of the
> things I really loved about my Archos was that it shows up as a regular
> USB drive, but I understand that you can't do that with an iPod.
>
> Thanks for any and all help,
>
> Michael

jack wallen, jr
sooooooooo yeah