Old 04-23-2008, 11:05 AM
"Indika Rupasinghe"

Default Snmpwalk not working from remote machines

I m a having problem with SNMP monitoring with ubuntu.
I can do "snmpwalk" using ip 127.0.0.1 or "localhost".
But when I tried with ip 192.168.0.xx which is ip of interface connected to my local network, it says no respond from server.

I m not using any iptables in my machine.* Follwing is my snmpd.conf file and it works on redhat very fine.

#****** sec.name* source********* community
com2sec notConfigUser* default****** public

#****** groupName***** securityModel securityName
group** notConfigGroup v1********** notConfigUser

group** notConfigGroup v2c********** notConfigUser

# Make at least* snmpwalk -v 1 localhost -c public system fast again.
#****** name********** incl/excl**** subtree******** mask(optional)
view*** systemview*** included** .1

#****** group********* context sec.model sec.level prefix read** write* notif
access* notConfigGroup ""***** any****** noauth*** exact* systemview none none

syslocation Unknown (edit /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf)

syscontact Root <root@localhost> (configure /etc/snmp/snmp.local.conf)

trapcommunity public
trapsink default

Old 04-23-2008, 06:58 PM
"Mauro Grauso"

edit
/etc/defaults/snmpd

change the line:
SNMPDOPTS='-Lsd -Lf /dev/null -u snmp -I -smux -p /var/run/snmpd.pid 127.0.0.1'

with the following:
SNMPDOPTS='-Lsd -Lf /dev/null -u snmp -I -smux -p /var/run/snmpd.pid'

then issue:
sudo /etc/init.d/snmpd reload

and you're set.

cheers,
mauro

Old 04-24-2008, 04:11 AM
"Indika Rupasinghe"

Yes... absolutely right... Now its working as I wanted. I didn't knew that.
Thanx a lot for it.

Indika.