Old 04-23-2008, 03:07 AM
SYNass IT Ubuntu / Linux

Default External NFS-HDD with TCP/IP & USB suggestion

Hello Ubuntu HW experts and "external NFS-HDD" users
What brands and models can you recommend ???

I had purchased 2 Hotways HD9-U2LA units and got to learn that they
aren't working with NFS ;-(
Well they have FTP & SMB and can be accessed with TCP/IP and USB !

My idea:
I would like to replace our noisy tower acting as a file server with
this external NFS-HDD unit connected to our Modem-WL Access Point-Router
unit.

Access is only needed from LAN ...
... WAN isn't a topic (yet).

TIA for your hints and suggestions.