Old 04-22-2008, 08:51 PM
NoOp

Default Clean out old kernel files

On one of my systems I have tons of left over 2.6.20-15/16 feisty kernel
files left over that I'd like to clean up. Apparently, some time ago,
when updating from feisty-->gutsy the kernels were removed but they
didn't purge the files in:

/var/lib/dpkg/info/
/usr/shar/doc/
/lib/firmware/
/lib/modules/
etc.

I suppose that I could probably reinstall the kernels and then purge,
but wonder if there is any other way to do this (also besides going
through each directory and deleting)? Any suggestions?

Old 04-24-2008, 01:35 AM
NoOp

On 04/22/2008 01:51 PM, NoOp wrote:
> On one of my systems I have tons of left over 2.6.20-15/16 feisty kernel
> files left over that I'd like to clean up. Apparently, some time ago,
> when updating from feisty-->gutsy the kernels were removed but they
> didn't purge the files in:
>
> /var/lib/dpkg/info/
> /usr/shar/doc/
> /lib/firmware/
> /lib/modules/
> etc.
>
> I suppose that I could probably reinstall the kernels and then purge,
> but wonder if there is any other way to do this (also besides going
> through each directory and deleting)? Any suggestions?

Nobody?

Old 04-24-2008, 05:01 PM
NoOp

On 04/23/2008 06:35 PM, NoOp wrote:
> On 04/22/2008 01:51 PM, NoOp wrote:
>> On one of my systems I have tons of left over 2.6.20-15/16 feisty kernel
>> files left over that I'd like to clean up. Apparently, some time ago,
>> when updating from feisty-->gutsy the kernels were removed but they
>> didn't purge the files in:
>>
>> /var/lib/dpkg/info/
>> /usr/shar/doc/
>> /lib/firmware/
>> /lib/modules/
>> etc.
>>
>> I suppose that I could probably reinstall the kernels and then purge,
>> but wonder if there is any other way to do this (also besides going
>> through each directory and deleting)? Any suggestions?

Resolved:

I simply did:

gksu gnome-search-tool

Searched for 2.6.20.15 and 2.6.20.16 from / and just deleted the files &
folders.