Old 04-22-2008, 07:29 AM
Luca Ferrari

Default amarok mp3 problem

Hi all,
I'm running kubuntu 7.1 and amarok is not working with mp3s. I?ve checked and
the libxine1-ffmpeg package is installed, the amarok is configured to use the
xine engine (that is installed), I've installed the extra-packages and tried
to run the install-mp3 script. However it stills refuses to play
mp3s.....what am I missing?

Thanks,
Luca

Old 04-22-2008, 08:53 AM
Luca Ferrari

On Tuesday 22 April 2008 Luca Ferrari's cat, walking on the keyboard, wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm running kubuntu 7.1 and amarok is not working with mp3s. I?ve checked
> and the libxine1-ffmpeg package is installed, the amarok is configured to
> use the xine engine (that is installed), I've installed the extra-packages
> and tried to run the install-mp3 script. However it stills refuses to play
> mp3s.....what am I missing?

I believe I figured out: installing the following packages it start working!
libxine1-plugins libxine1-misc-plugins libxine1-all-plugins

Luca