Old 04-21-2008, 11:28 PM
Cesar Augusto Suarez

Default VoIP Questions

Greetings.
Im looking for a voip software which let me make phone
calls to landlines or cellphones,not only to another
pcs with the same software

Old 04-21-2008, 11:57 PM
Pastor JW

On Monday 21 April 2008 04:28:32 pm Cesar Augusto Suarez wrote:
> Greetings.
> Im looking for a voip software which let me make phone
> calls to landlines or cellphones,not only to another
> pcs with the same software

Skype came with my Ubuntu installation but I DID get the latest upgrade for it
from http://www.skype.com/download/skype/linux

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n>< * PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org

Old 04-22-2008, 12:07 AM
steve

Old 04-22-2008, 07:24 AM
Clayton

> Cesar Augusto Suarez wrote:
> | Greetings.
> | Im looking for a voip software which let me make phone
> | calls to landlines or cellphones,not only to another
> | pcs with the same software
> |

> skype and ekiga are decent.

Skype tends to have fairly expensive calling rates (depending on where
you call). I find using Ekiga with a 3rd party VoIP provider such as
FreeCall, much more cost effective (FreeCall for example has
international rates at roughly half Skype's rates), and their SIP
server works perfect with Ekiga.
http://www.freecall.com

C.