Old 04-21-2008, 04:45 PM
"jeffrey tooker"

Default Archiving Email and Favorites

I have been looking around for programs for archiving email and favorites.
I do not seem to find much. I have both email and favorites files going
back several years. They presently only exixt in my email program and my
browser. I would like to get them into document files in my computer and
finally to my backup HD. Does anyone know of a way to do this in Ubuntu or
otherwise?

Jeffrey Tooker
Paynes Creek Ca.

Old 04-21-2008, 05:56 PM
JosephK

On 09:45 Mon 21 Apr , jeffrey tooker wrote:

> I have been looking around for programs for archiving email and favorites.
> I do not seem to find much. I have both email and favorites files going
> back several years. They presently only exixt in my email program and my
> browser. I would like to get them into document files in my computer and
> finally to my backup HD. Does anyone know of a way to do this in Ubuntu or
> otherwise?

Open up Synaptic package manager and search on 'mail archive'
Then take your pick.

For bookmarks, most browsers can export bookmarks in one or more
formats.

--
Regards, Joe