Old 04-21-2008, 04:14 AM
Alex Janssen

Default 8.04 RC

I just dl'd the RC and it won't partition on my installation.
I have:
sda1 ntfs 20 GB (windows XP)
60 GB Free
With the partitioner, I created:
sda2 ext3 7.5 GB
sda3 ext3 49.5 GB
sda4 swap 2.048 GB
It gets to 15% partitioning and has an error creating the partition on
sda2. I tried Ubuntu 7.10 and it will perform this without error. I
did check the 8.04 iso image with md5sum and run the CD error check
program before installing.

Where do I file a bug report for the 8.04 release?

--
Ourwoods.org
"Work is a necessary evil to be avoided." - Mark Twain (151)

Old 04-21-2008, 04:24 AM
Brian Murray

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 12:14:19AM -0400, Alex Janssen wrote:
> I just dl'd the RC and it won't partition on my installation.
> I have:
> sda1 ntfs 20 GB (windows XP)
> 60 GB Free
> With the partitioner, I created:
> sda2 ext3 7.5 GB
> sda3 ext3 49.5 GB
> sda4 swap 2.048 GB
> It gets to 15% partitioning and has an error creating the partition on
> sda2. I tried Ubuntu 7.10 and it will perform this without error. I
> did check the 8.04 iso image with md5sum and run the CD error check
> program before installing.
>
> Where do I file a bug report for the 8.04 release?

You'll want to file a bug report at
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+filebug as your bug
is initially about the ubiquity package, it maybe be moved later.
Ubiquity is the graphical installer for Ubuntu. Additionally, you will
want to include the log files asked for at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingUbiquity/AttachingLogs . You should
grab those logs when the partitioner is stuck for them to be useful.

Please submit this bug report as soon as possible, so we can look at it
before the final release of Hardy!

--
Brian Murray @ubuntu.com