Old 04-21-2008, 01:09 AM
"indra kurniawan"

Default Screen Resolusion

Dear All,

I have a laptop Compaq 3614AU / Presario V3500, i has been install Ubuntu 7.10
after finish instalation, i want to set Screen Resolusion, but in the list just 800x600 and 400x240.
I try manual set in /etc/X11 in display 1024x720. but in value screen not 1024x720.

Pls, how i can ubuntu with screen resolusion 1024x720?
and how i can detect my monitor driver?
thanks,

--
..:Warm morning:..
Indra

Old 04-21-2008, 04:39 AM
Mario Vukelic

On Mon, 2008-04-21 at 08:09 +0700, indra kurniawan wrote:

> Pls, how i can ubuntu with screen resolusion 1024x720?

In a terminal window, run this command: sudo dpkg-reconfigure
xserver-xorg

This will give you a series of text menus where you can reconfigure the
display. You will be able to set one or more desired resolutions.

> and how i can detect my monitor driver?

Some monitors incorrectly report their capabilities, which probably
happened in your case. Usually, the Ubuntu installer can set the correct
settings automatically

Old 04-22-2008, 12:45 PM
"PEDRO MACANAS VALVERDE"

On Mon, 2008-04-21 at 08:09 +0700, indra kurniawan wrote:

>> Pls, how i can ubuntu with screen resolusion 1024x720?

>In a terminal window, run this command: sudo dpkg-reconfigure
xserver-xorg

You can also use Gnome to reconfigure XWindow.

Regards.

Old 04-22-2008, 04:55 PM
Mario Vukelic

On Tue, 2008-04-22 at 14:45 +0200, PEDRO MACANAS VALVERDE wrote:
> You can also use Gnome to reconfigure XWindow.

In Ubuntu 7.10? I don't think so.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:42 AM
"PEDRO MACANAS VALVERDE"

On Tue, 2008-04-22 at 14:45 +0200, PEDRO MACANAS VALVERDE wrote:
> You can also use Gnome to reconfigure XWindow.

In Ubuntu 7.10? I don't think so.

Yes, I changed X resolution (screen resolution ) using Gnome in Ubuntu 7.10 Live CD. There is a problem: I have to boot the Live CD to give more details. But I changed the resolution of my screen.* It worked fine (as good and easy as in Windows).

Regards.

Old 04-23-2008, 04:14 PM
Mario Vukelic

On Wed, 2008-04-23 at 10:42 +0200, PEDRO MACANAS VALVERDE wrote:
> Yes, I changed X resolution (screen resolution ) using Gnome in Ubuntu
> 7.10 Live CD. There is a problem: I have to boot the Live CD to give
> more details. But I changed the resolution of my screen. It worked
> fine (as good and easy as in Windows)

Yes, but AFAIK this shows only those resolutions that are correctly
autodetected and/or present in xorg.conf. I don't think this would work
if X fails to find the correct resolution.