Old 04-20-2008, 09:32 PM
"Grady Laksmono"

Default How do you edit .SVG?

Hi all~
I'm not an artists, just wondering on what software do you use to edit
.SVG files..? I tried using GIMPP, but it imports it and doesn't give
the appropriate layers.. :-/

Thanks,
Grady

Old 04-20-2008, 09:35 PM
Martin Sourada

On Sun, 2008-04-20 at 14:32 -0700, Grady Laksmono wrote:
> Hi all~
> I'm not an artists, just wondering on what software do you use to edit
> .SVG files..? I tried using GIMPP, but it imports it and doesn't give
> the appropriate layers.. :-/
>
> Thanks,
> Grady

Inkscape is the tool of choice ;-) Pretty straightforward to use.

Martin

Old 04-20-2008, 09:38 PM
"Grady Laksmono"

Thanks all

- Grady

Old 04-20-2008, 10:14 PM
"ryan lerch"

When getting started with inkscape, make sure you check out the tutorials that come bundled with it (available in the help menu...)

Other inkscape great resources are:
tav's inkscape book:
http://tavmjong.free.fr/INKSCAPE/MANUAL/html/index.php

the inkscape quick guide my microugly
http://www.microugly.com/inkscape-quickguide/

the art team's own, nicu and his howto section:
http://howto.nicubunu.ro/

i also run a blog that tries to post all the great inkscape tutorials from all over:
http://inkscapetutorials.wordpress.com/

hope this helps,
ryanlerch