-   -   Recovery Mode Failure (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/712389-recovery-mode-failure.html)

Yorvyk 10-15-2012 09:18 AM

Recovery Mode Failure

Any body used the recovery menu in Quantal lately and does it work or not?

I've filed a bug [1] and I've seen mention of the problem in forum
threads but very little seems to be happening on this. It’s going to be
a problem rescuing failed upgrades/installs next weekend if it doesn't work.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/friendly-recovery/+bug/1061239

Avi Greenbury 10-15-2012 01:38 PM

Recovery Mode Failure

Yorvyk wrote:
> Any body used the recovery menu in Quantal lately and does it work or not?
>
> I've filed a bug [1]

What exactly happens? Your bug says that 'the system hangs'; mine's
just started a fsck, does yours get that far?

> and I've seen mention of the problem in forum threads but very
> little seems to be happening on this. It’s going to be a problem
> rescuing failed upgrades/installs next weekend if it doesn't work.

Bugs are assigned time/effort roughly based on their 'heat', which is
the number in the flame to the right of the 'This bug affects X
people, does this bug affect you?' line. If you click on it you can
see how the scoring works.

--
Avi