Old 10-15-2012, 06:16 AM
rikona

Default permissions, probably - let me try this again - SOLVED

Sunday, October 14, 2012, 9:07:06 PM, সাজেদুর wrote:

> After login I had opened a terminal window and try the following:

> sudo chwon login_user.login_user -R /the_desired_directory_path
> sudo chmod 764 -R /the_desired_directory_path

> Try this and let us know.

Aha - that works! It looks like ownership needs to be changed first
for all the items. I can now see the dirs and contents in a GUI.

Thank you VERY much! And good luck in spreading linux....

--

rikona

Old 10-16-2012, 12:59 AM
rikona

Hello সাজেদুর,

Monday, October 15, 2012, 12:02:05 AM, সাজেদুর wrote:

>> In future please try to response "SOLVED" in the same thread you started to
> get help, as the newbies here may get all (problem+solution+further

If you thread by references, it should be in the same thread. If by
subject, then it will perhaps be different. I noticed several folks
put 'solved' in the subject, so I though it wouldn't cause any
problems...

--

rikona