-   -   Chromium (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/712030-chromium.html)

Mark Widdicombe 10-13-2012 12:02 PM

Chromium

On 13 October 2012 13:11, Freddy Van Ingelgom <freddyek@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Is there someone who can run Chrome or Chromium under Ubuntu 12.04 with all
> latest updates?
> I could run Chromium some time ago, but since a while, starting chromium
> gives a segmentation fault.
> Is there a solution ? I googled a lot but could not find a way to a
> solution!
> Thanks!
> Freddy

I run it without any problems. Version 20.0.1132.47 Ubuntu 12.04 (144678)

Freddy Van Ingelgom 10-13-2012 12:44 PM

Chromium

2012/10/13 Mark Widdicombe <markwiddicombe@gmail.com>

On 13 October 2012 13:11, Freddy Van Ingelgom <freddyek@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,

> Is there someone who can run Chrome or Chromium under Ubuntu 12.04 with all

> latest updates?

> I could run Chromium some time ago, but since a while, starting chromium

> gives a segmentation fault.

> Is there a solution ? I googled a lot but could not find a way to a

> solution!

> Thanks!

> Freddy

I run it without any problems. *Version 20.0.1132.47 Ubuntu 12.04 (144678)

Do you mean Chrome (downloaded from Google) or Chromium from the Ubuntu depositories?
*

Colin Law 10-13-2012 12:46 PM

Chromium

On 13 October 2012 13:44, Freddy Van Ingelgom <freddyek@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2012/10/13 Mark Widdicombe <markwiddicombe@gmail.com>
>>
>> On 13 October 2012 13:11, Freddy Van Ingelgom <freddyek@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> > Is there someone who can run Chrome or Chromium under Ubuntu 12.04 with
>> > all
>> > latest updates?
>> > I could run Chromium some time ago, but since a while, starting chromium
>> > gives a segmentation fault.
>> > Is there a solution ? I googled a lot but could not find a way to a
>> > solution!
>> > Thanks!
>> > Freddy
>> >

>> I run it without any problems. Version 20.0.1132.47 Ubuntu 12.04 (144678)
>>
> Do you mean Chrome (downloaded from Google) or Chromium from the Ubuntu
> depositories?

Also, which do /you/ mean that you have had problems with?

Colin

Freddy Van Ingelgom 10-13-2012 12:52 PM

Chromium

> Is there someone who can run Chrome or Chromium under Ubuntu 12.04 with all

> latest updates?

> I could run Chromium some time ago, but since a while, starting chromium

> gives a segmentation fault.

> Is there a solution ? I googled a lot but could not find a way to a

> solution!

> Thanks!

> Freddy

I run it without any problems. *Version 20.0.1132.47 Ubuntu 12.04 (144678)

Do you mean Chrome (downloaded from Google) or Chromium from the Ubuntu depositories?
*
The version number refers to Chromium I just found out.

Strange, as I tried on different computers here all installed with Ubuntu 12.04 with the latest updates, and I get this segmentation fault on each of them!
I have to admit that I have no idee where to start. Mayby I return to the GOdes Of knowLedGE

*

Colin Law 10-13-2012 12:58 PM

Chromium

On 13 October 2012 13:52, Freddy Van Ingelgom <freddyek@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2012/10/13 Freddy Van Ingelgom <freddyek@gmail.com>

>>> I run it without any problems. Version 20.0.1132.47 Ubuntu 12.04 (144678)
>>>
>> Do you mean Chrome (downloaded from Google) or Chromium from the Ubuntu depositories?
>>

> The version number refers to Chromium I just found out.
> Strange, as I tried on different computers here all installed with Ubuntu 12.04 with the latest updates, and I get this segmentation fault on each of them!

How did you install it and how are you running it? Please be exact in
your answer, there is much confusion over the different versions of
chromium, google-chrome, etc.

Colin

Freddy Van Ingelgom 10-13-2012 01:23 PM

Chromium

>>> I run it without any problems. *Version 20.0.1132.47 Ubuntu 12.04 (144678)

>> Do you mean Chrome (downloaded from Google) or Chromium from the Ubuntu depositories?

> The version number refers to Chromium I just found out.

> Strange, as I tried on different computers here all installed with Ubuntu 12.04 with the latest updates, and I get this segmentation fault on each of them!

How did you install it and how are you running it? *Please be exact in

your answer, there is much confusion over the different versions of

chromium, google-chrome, etc.

Colin

The version I have currently on this computer I installed after this command:

apt-get update
apt-get remove --purge chromium-browser

and then:

apt-get install chromium-browser

I started chromium from a terminal and got the message "segmentation fault (core dumped)" I added the ""

That's it!

*

Colin Law 10-13-2012 01:54 PM

Chromium

On 13 October 2012 14:23, Freddy Van Ingelgom <freddyek@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2012/10/13 Colin Law <clanlaw@googlemail.com>

>> > The version number refers to Chromium I just found out.
>> > Strange, as I tried on different computers here all installed with
>> > Ubuntu 12.04 with the latest updates, and I get this segmentation fault on
>> > each of them!
>>
>> How did you install it and how are you running it? Please be exact in
>> your answer, there is much confusion over the different versions of
>> chromium, google-chrome, etc.
>>
>> Colin
>>
> The version I have currently on this computer I installed after this
> command:
>
> apt-get update
> apt-get remove --purge chromium-browser
>
> and then:
>
> apt-get install chromium-browser
>
> I started chromium from a terminal and got the message "segmentation fault
> (core dumped)" I added the ""

In the terminal you should be using the command
chromium-browser
not just chromium

Colin

Colin Law 10-13-2012 01:57 PM

Chromium

On 13 October 2012 14:23, Freddy Van Ingelgom <freddyek@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2012/10/13 Colin Law <clanlaw@googlemail.com>

>> > The version number refers to Chromium I just found out.
>> > Strange, as I tried on different computers here all installed with
>> > Ubuntu 12.04 with the latest updates, and I get this segmentation fault on
>> > each of them!
>>
>> How did you install it and how are you running it? Please be exact in
>> your answer, there is much confusion over the different versions of
>> chromium, google-chrome, etc.
>>
>> Colin
>>
> The version I have currently on this computer I installed after this
> command:
>
> apt-get update
> apt-get remove --purge chromium-browser
>
> and then:
>
> apt-get install chromium-browser
>
> I started chromium from a terminal and got the message "segmentation fault
> (core dumped)" I added the ""

A search on launchpad yields
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/chromium-browser/+bug/1054557
which looks likely to be it.