Old 11-28-2007, 08:54 AM
Brian Smith

Default install missing plugin - Xine plugin

I receive an error message when trying to install a plugin:-

E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to
correct the problem.
E: _cache->open() failed, please report.

I received the same message when trying to install the firewall plugin.

I am new to Ubunto, can you help please?

Thank you

Crueen

Old 11-28-2007, 11:02 AM
anthony baldwin

Brian Smith wrote:
> I receive an error message when trying to install a plugin:-
>
> E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to
> correct the problem.
> E: _cache->open() failed, please report.
>
> I received the same message when trying to install the firewall plugin.
>
> I am new to Ubunto, can you help please?
>
> Thank you
>
> Crueen

you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a'

Have you run dpkg --configure -a ?
Apparently the machine believes that will solve the problem.
(open a terminal and type

dpkg --configure -a

/tony

--
http://www.baldwinlinguas.com
Translation & Interpreting

Old 11-28-2007, 01:42 PM
"Caleb Marcus"

On Nov 28, 2007 7:02 AM, anthony baldwin <anthony.baldwin01@comcast.net> wrote:

Brian Smith wrote:
> I receive an error message when trying to install a plugin:-
>
> E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to
> correct the problem.

> E: _cache->open() failed, please report.
>
> I received the same message when trying to install the firewall plugin.
>
> I am new to Ubunto, can you help please?
>
> Thank you

> Crueen

you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a'

Have you run dpkg --configure -a ?
Apparently the machine believes that will solve the problem.

(open a terminal and type

dpkg --configure -a

/tony
Make that sudo dpkg --configure -a

Old 12-06-2007, 10:52 AM
"Brian Smith"

Tony,

*

Thank you for that.

*

I ran “sudo dpkg --configure
–a” it asked for my password

*

Whatever it did the error has now gone away.

*

Thank you again

*

*

Regards

*

Brian

*

*

Old 12-09-2007, 11:04 AM
anthony baldwin

Brian Smith wrote:

> Tony,
>
> Thank you for that.
>
> I ran “sudo dpkg --configure –a” it asked for my password
>
> Whatever it did the error has now gone away.
>
> Thank you again
>
> Regards
>
> Brian

Glad I could be of assistance.