-   -   AVG (windows virus remover) (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/711982-avg-windows-virus-remover.html)

thufir 10-13-2012 08:53 AM

AVG (windows virus remover)

I just suggested the AVG disc to a friend, I assume that all the
different live-cd virus removers are about on par with each other? I've
heard of AVG and saw that they acknowledged Linux, so that seemed good.

-Thufir

"compdoc" 10-13-2012 02:39 PM

AVG (windows virus remover)

>I just suggested the AVG disc to a friend

To run on his Windows PC? Doesn't hurt to try that, as well as the one
Microsoft gives away:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/what-is-windows-defender-offline

thufir 10-14-2012 06:54 AM

AVG (windows virus remover)

On Sat, 13 Oct 2012 08:39:48 -0600, compdoc wrote:

>>I just suggested the AVG disc to a friend
>
> To run on his Windows PC? Doesn't hurt to try that, as well as the one
> Microsoft gives away:
>
> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/what-is-windows-defender-
offline

Interesting! Glad to see that Microsoft has such a tool now. Thanks for
the link.

-Thufir