-   -   .local not working on wireless connections to netgear router (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-user/710633-server-local-not-working-wireless-connections-netgear-router.html)

Colin Law 10-08-2012 08:30 PM

.local not working on wireless connections to netgear router

I have recently changed my modem/router from a Linksys to a Netgear
DG834G v3. Prior to the change I could access other machines on my
local network using <machine_name>.local. Now, however, I can only
access machines connected to the router by wired connection and not
those on the wifi. The command
avahi-browse -at
shows the wired ones but not the wireless. I can't see anything
relevant in the router config (but I may have missed something).

Has anyone any suggestions?

Colin